Mitsubishi Materials and MOLDINO: UK synergy

Web optimised image (4)
Web optimised image (4)

Mitsubishi Hitachi Tool Engineering, a worldwide leading Japanese tool manufacturer of cutting tools for mould and die manufacture, rebranded under the MOLDINO (mould & die + innovation) Tool Engineering name in April 2020.

Mitsubishi Hitachi Tool Engineering, a worldwide leading Japanese tool manufacturer of cutting tools for mould and die manufacture, rebranded under the MOLDINO (mould & die + innovation) Tool Engineering name in April 2020.

The new company name is the result of the change in ownership, as Mitsubishi Materials Corporation, which has held 51% of the shares in Mitsubishi Hitachi Tool Engineering since 2015, continued its acquisition of the remaining 49% held by Hitachi Metals.

MOLDINO Tool Engineering is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Materials. The European subsidiary headquarters based in Hilden near Düsseldorf is now known as MOLDINO Tool Engineering Europe GmbH.

The presence in the UK and Ireland market will now be strengthened significantly with sales and technical support being handled by a new division set up within Mitsubishi Materials’ UK sales company MMC Hardmetal UK (MHUK) based in Tamworth, Staffs.

Alex Saboulis, general manager stated: “The Hitachi tool brand historically has a very strong reputation for quality and performance in the UK mould and die sector, and under the new MOLDINO brand name will realise its full potential with the high levels of technical support and commitment to customer service levels offered by the MHUK office.

The project in the UK will be managed by technical manager Adrian Barnacle who commented: “It’s hugely exciting news that the MOLDINO brand will be offered within the MHUK tooling portfolio; we believe the synergy with the existing Diaedge brand offers the UK and Irish markets a unique tooling solution.”

Through the name MOLDINO, the Japanese tool manufacturer asserts its commitment to the mould and die industry. Mr Barnacle continued: “We’re looking forward to introducing the innovative MOLDINO concept of process optimisation in mould and die making known as Production50 to customers. This manufacturing concept adapts to the fluctuation in operating conditions in demand and capacity and reduces production costs by up to 50%.

“Our highest priority is to meet and exceed the expectations of customers and all business partners,” he added. “MHUK, with the new MOLDINO brand will continue to focus on building partnerships in mould and die making.”

For more information contact abarnacle@mitsubishicarbide.co.uk or moldino@mitsubishicarbide.co.uk

Mitsubishi Materials www.mitsubishicarbide.com www.moldino.eu

 

Tags
Most recent Articles